Sunday, March 24, 2013

unexpected trip

Well it has bee an interesting Sunday!! Went to church this morning and as Alex was wrapping up his sermon, I started having chest pain, my left shoulder had been bothering me during the service but I didnt think much about it because it hurts from time to time with changes in the weather. So when my left arm went numb and the chest pain started I looked at Robby and told him what was going on and that I didnt feel right. So we headed out during announcements to get the kids. Now today was the big eggstravaganza at church so we brought our neighbor with us, while Robby went to get the kids I sat on the floor across from child pick up to wait. The walk from the santuary to the childrens area wore me out and I was out of breath. So while I am sitting there some very nice lady I think Carol was her name that works with the kids came to check on me. She then got her husband who got a ba police officer and one of our pastors and another church person as well as a nurse that was working in the kids area. I was surrounded by awesome people and totally embarrassed!!! Christy who I teach with and is a sweet friend of mine was there with her son and she came and sat with me and helped with the girls when they got there! I tried to keep joking and smiling because the girls were terrified! They ended up calling 911 for the ambulance, once they got there they loaded me on the gerny and brought me to the hospital! I think I finally got into the ER about 1:15 so from church to the hospital it took about 20 min!! We stayed down in the ER until after 5pm doing EKG's and a cat scan with dye, the EKG's were good, not sure about the cat scan yet. They decided to keep me overnight for observations, and to do a stress test in the morning. I thought okay that will kind of suck but I can deal! Once they got me upstairs and towards my room I discovered that I wasnt going to be alone!!!! I have a roommate! I am sorry but that is just kinda creepy to me to have to share a very small room and one small bathroom with someone I dont know who seems to be much sicker than me!!!! While I was waiting in the hallway with my dad for the nurse to change the sheets on my bed, a lady down the hall starts screaming "Help Me, Help me, somebody help me!! I am a child of Jesus you cant do this to me"!!! I just looked at my dad and had to laugh a little, here I am in a strange room with a stranger and down the hall is some woman who sounds totaly 10-85 (cop speak for crazy) GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!! So all night about every hour or so this woman screams HElp me Help Me, I am praying that God will help her with whatever issues she has and will help me to get out of here and back home to my family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment