Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Simplicity

I am typically known as a go go go girl! I am constantly doing something or going somewhere! As most of you know slowing down isnt my style. However I have learned a lot over the past few months and have learned that sometimes you just need to slow down and look at the simple things in life. I have so enjoyed spending time with my family this summer! Something that is very rare normally with Robby working, but since he has been laid off this has given us time together. Since school got out we have spent every single day as a family together swimming at the pool, going to the park, playing with friends, cooking out and our most recent adventure was driving 12 hours to visit Debbie, Kris and the kids! I was so impressed with how the kids did on the drive up and since we have been here we have had a great time. We have taken the kids swimming, played outside and played in the basement playroom! We havent been going like we normally would, but with a combined total of 5 kids who could! We have had a wonderful time just enjoying the simple things, such as Taylor getting into Jillian's nail polish and painting herself, the bathroom floor, the cabinet, the dresser and her new shoes, then there was world war 3, 4, and 5 between all the kids screaming crying and fighting like family, followed by Maddie getting into a poopy diaper (her own) that was briefly left un attended and she proceded to cover herself in poo! like I said its the simple things in life! I am sure as we continue our vacation there will be many more stories to share, these are just the a few from our 1st day!! (Yes I did say 1st day)

No comments:

Post a Comment